Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2023
World´s Top 10 Beaches, with Praia da Falésia in 6h place.
One of the most used travelling platforms, TripAdvisor, has just released its Travellers’ Choice Awards for the year 2023, this time, the World’s Top 10 Beaches – and Portugal made the cut!
Every year, travellers give their reviews of the best places to go and see, and beaches are certainly on the list for the summer, and Portugal’s Best Beach in the TripAdvisors’ list for this year is the stunning Praia da Falésia, which begins in Albufeira and stretches along the Algarvian coast to Vilamoura.
This is one of Portugal’s blue flag beaches, which, according to the FEE, owner of the Blue Flag trademark, “a symbol of quality and an award granted every year to the beaches and marinas that apply for it. (…) A beach with the Blue Flag means, among other things, that it has good water quality, that it is clean and equipped with rubbish bins and toilets in good hygienic conditions, that has good accessibility and posted lifeguards (from January 15 to September 15, from 9.30am to 7.30pm), emergency equipment and information and activities on environmental education.”
Top 10 Beaches in the World for 2023
1. Baia do Sancho - Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Eagle Beach- Aruba, Caribbean
3. Cable Beach - Broome, Australia
4. Reynisfjara Beach - Vik, Iceland
5. Grace Bay Beach – Turks and Caicos, Caribbean
6. Praia da Falésia- Olhos de Agua, Albufeira - Portugal
7. Radhanagar Beach – Havelock Island, India
8. Spiaggia dei Conigli – Sicily, Italy
9. Varadero Beach – Cuba, Caribbean
10. Ka'anapali Beach - Maui, Hawaii